Vitamin-D Fortified Yogurt Lowers Cholesterol and Improves Heart Health | Medical News and Health Information
Altered recognition memory, prepulse inhibition, and locomotor activity in the offspring of rats exposed to viral mimetic during pregnancy
- Nutritionists Say Willpower No Match For Cheap Food, Big Portions (jflahiff.wordpress.com)
- Ten putative contributors to the obesity epidemic (polygenicpathways.blogspot.com)
Mouse study explains bacterium's unique role in periodontitis, November 29, 2011 News Release - National Institutes of Health (NIH)
A novel, rapid, quantitative cell-counting method reveals oligodendroglial reduction in the frontopolar cortex in major depressive disorder : Molecular Psychiatry
- Identification of the Myelin Oligodendrocyte Glycoprotein as a Cellular Receptor for Rubella Virus (polygenicpathways.blogspot.com)
- Ancestry of pink disease (infantile acrodynia) identified as a risk factor for autism spectrum disorders (leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk)
The Lactic Acid Bacterium Pediococcus acidilactici Suppresses Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis by Inducing IL-10-Producing Regulatory T Cells.
- Multiple Sclerosis Attacks Suppressed By Glucosamine-Like Supplement (medicalnewstoday.com)
Internal Medicine - Psychiatry Article | Antidepressant Use During Pregnancy and Childhood Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Nature Special: The Autism Enigma (nature.com)
New research suggests a pattern of outpatient antibiotic overuse in parts of the United States-- particularly in the Southeast --a problem that could accelerate the rate at which these powerful drugs are rendered useless, according to Extending the Cure, a project of the Center for Disease Dynamics, Economics & Policy.
New treatment for Multiple Sclerosis: Cambridge University translates research at the bench into a drug at the bedside
How cancer-causing bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) force your cells to die | Lab Rat, Scientific American Blog Network
Signatures of Environmental Genetic Adaptation Pinpoint Pathogens as the Main Selective Pressure through Human Evolution.
Human herpesvirus-6 viral load and antibody titer in serum samples of patients with multiple sclerosis.
A computational procedure for functional characterization of potential marker genes from molecular data: Alzheimer's as a case study.
Gene Expression Atlas update--a value-added database of microarray and sequencing-based functional genomics experiments.
Serum antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii and Herpesvidae family viruses in individuals with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: a case-control study.
California making headway in battle against childhood obesity, but successes are uneven / UCLA Newsroom
Infection of neuronal cells by Chlamydia pneumoniae and Herpes simplex virus type 1 alters expression of genes associated with Alzheimer’s disease
A possible role for inflammation in mediating apoptosis of oligodendrocytes as induced by the lyme disease spirochete Borrelia burgdorferi
- Report Calls For Creation Of A Biomedical Research And Patient Data Network (medicalnewstoday.com)
Study reveals potential role of brain in diabetes, new pathway for blockbuster market - FierceBiotech Research
- Natural Compound Helps Reverse Diabetes In Mice (medicalnewstoday.com)
The Common Immunogenic Etiology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: From Infections to Vaccines via Adjuvants to the ASIA Syndrome.
Prefrontal cortex neurons from subjects with autism show changes in chromatin structures at hundreds of loci genome-wide, revealing considerable overlap between genetic and epigenetic risk maps of developmental brain disorders.
RIKEN | Press Release | 2011 | New study uncovers how brain cells degrade dangerous protein aggregates
Souvenaid is a cocktail of nutrients including uridine monophosphate, choline, the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, phospholipids, B vitamins and antioxidants.
- Healthy mouth bacteria provide ideal conditions for gum disease (polygenicpathways.blogspot.com)
Additive effects of elevated C-reactive protein and exposure to Herpes Simplex Virus type 1 on cognitive impairment in individuals with schizophrenia.
- Exercise could counter the effects of the 'obesity gene' (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Eating your greens can change the effect of your genes on heart disease (sciencedaily.com)